Thursday, April 13, 2017

Friday, April 14

The weather is beautiful this morning and it's a public holiday. In the old days, when I was gainfully employed, this would have been a cause for celebration but every day is a holiday now that I'm retired. On TV this morning I caught a glimpse of the front page of the NT Times with the headline: 'WORK IS FOR JERKS'. If I heard correctly, the Northern Territory will celebrate eight public holidays before August. That's getting the work/life balance right.

Marilyn had her follow-up appointment with her cardiologist yesterday and all went well. He asked her whether anything had changed and she commented that she puffed a little when she walked up hills. "I can fix that," he said, and made an adjustment to the settings on her pacemaker.

Is is it really as easy as that? I have a few things regarding my health I'm not happy about and I'm disappointed there's no dial I can twist to make them better. In the meantime, I seem to be married to the Bionic Woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment