Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Wednesday, April 26

There's a whiff of Sweden about our house this week.. Marilyn and I are both reading books by Camilla Lackberg, a Swedish author, and we're watching Blue Eyes on TV, a drama about the rise of right-wing, Neo-Nazi organisations in that country.

For a long time, I've been keen on Scandinavian crime series, from Wallander to Stieg Larsson's Milennium trilogy and I have fourteen different Scandinavian authors in my collection. That doesn't include David Guterson who looks as if he should belong in that group.

I'm amazed at how many TV series are available and a quick scout of SBS on Demand gives me access to at least fourteen. I have another fourteen sourced from other places, and another dozen I have yet to find.

Scandi-noir seems to be the next big thing. More likely, it was the last big thing a few years back and I'm just catching up.

No comments:

Post a Comment