Friday, May 19, 2023

Saturday, May 20

I'm generally at the gym by 7.30 in the morning; if I'm any later, there are more people competing for the machines.  But, with the winter coming on, Marilyn suggested I might leave it a bit later to miss any early-morning frost on the roads.  It was about 8.30 when I arrived this morning and there was only one other car in the carpark.  That's odd, I thought, I would expect there to be half a dozen at least.

I heard the music as soon as I opened the front door.  It was louder than I've ever heard it.  There were just three people on the machines: two burly fellows with tattoos and surly expressions, and a teenage boy, all skinny arms and legs and a too-long ginger mop of hair.  They'd set up camp in one corner which included two of the machines I normally use and they were taking turns on them.

I wasn't comfortable but I completed my routine on the machines which were available and left quietly.  I hope they're not going to become regulars.


No comments:

Post a Comment