Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Thursday, May 18

 It's cold this morning.  I was up at my usual time and got ready for the gym.  I normally exercise in a t-shirt but I needed an extra layer as well.  The car informed it was 2 degrees and to take care on the icy roads.  

Marilyn and Archie were up when I got back and the house was quite warm.  After breakfast we settled down with a cup of coffee.  Archie is on the back of the lounge, wearing a dog coat, lying on a heated pad and covered with one of Marilyn's lambswool shawls.  Marilyn is complaining about the cold and is talking about an electric rug to put over her knees.  Kmart, apparently, sells one which you can plug into a USB port and, as it happens, her chair has a USB port on the side. 

I checked eBay to see what's available and you can buy a whole range of heated clothing.  Marilyn told me that she met a girl from one off the farms recently and she had a heated jacket for when she drives the tractor on these icy morning.  I fancied a nice jacket, made in China, with elements to keep me warm, powered by a rechargeable battery but I'm only dreaming.  I couldn't be bothered with all the fuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment