Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday, July 6th .....

Tomorrow night is the Rotary Changeover Dinner when a new President is installed.  I’ve been asked to write a poem for the occasion but Iack inspiration and might have to renege.  I’ll have another go this evening and tomorrow morning, and if I can string a few verses together I’ll be happier.
It’s been three weeks since we returned from our trip and i’m starting to browse the internet looking for ideas for the next.  There are some nice Christmas cruises to New Zealand and the South Pacific and it might be time for another trip to the Philippines.  Because we were so happy with the accommodation we had in the Osaka, I thought I would check the timeshare website to see if I could another deal like that but they seem to be few and far between (as you might expect).

I did come across a couple of nice resorts in the Philippines at Tagaytay, in Manila and Boracay.  The trouble is our friends in the Philippines don’t like us going off on our own, worried about our safety.  I had another look at Japan and found a number of possibilities.  Nagoya had two places, Kagoshima was another possibility but the best looking resort was in a town called Fukushima – why do I know that name?  Ah, yes, the resort probably has a good view of the nuclear power stations.  Maybe not the best choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment