Friday, July 13, 2012

Saturday, July 14th .....

Marilyn and I watched The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel yesterday and really enjoyed it.  The actors are familiar and people like Judy Dench and, especially, Bill Nighy have a magic presence. Of course, it was mildly racist and Indians could take offence at the stereotyping, but it was quite sympathetic too.

I mentioned the other day how much I enjoyed quotes and this movie was full of them.  I had to write them down.
“If I can’t pronounce it, I won’t eat it.”
"Let me through, my brother is a doctor."
“We have a saying in India: everything will be all right in the end.  And if everything is not all right, it is not yet the end.”

“It’s our 40th wedding anniversary and we haven’t worked out to mark the occasion” “How about a minute’s silence.”

The rain continues in Tasmania and the ground is waterlogged.  The grass is not growing quickly but I would love a few days of sunshine to dry it out so I could mow it before it gets too thick.  I think back to last Spring when it was a metre tall and took days to cut down.  We have to avoid that at all cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment