Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Wednesday, July 11th .....

I’m home alone today.  Jamie is at work, of course, and Marilyn is baby-sitting Freya, the 6-month old baby of the Principal of Giant Steps and his Filipina wife.  It’s raining outside and I’m miserable with a cold.  I have an appointment this afternoon in Deloraine so I’ll have to give myself a shake and get organised.
Jamie and Marilyn are planning a trip to the Philippines in September.  Jamie has been building a relationship with the sister of one of our Filipina friends and has been invited over to Manila to meet her.  Her name is Xenia and she is a nurse, currently working in Dubai. They made contact through Facebook and have been conversing ever since.  Her family owns a rice farm in the Albay province in the southern part of Luzon but her two brothers have a house in Calamba where most of our Filipino friends live.  Xenia is very pretty and seems keen to get to know Jamie better.

Xenia was one of the bridesmaids at the wedding we went to in 2010, so Marilyn and I have met her.  I’m sorry to say I have no memory of that but she says she remembers us. I’ve attached a photograph of her in her bridesmaids dress.  It’s not a good copy but the best I have. 

 Apparently, Xenia’s parents will be in Calamba at that time and have invited Marilyn and me to visit as well.  I can’t get away but Marilyn is keen so I made the bookings last night.  September is a busy month for Rotary in the Philippines and we’ve been there several times in that month.  There’s a Rotary function almost every night and Marilyn just loves the dressing up and the contact with new people.  She’ll stay with our friend, Kit; we have our own room there.

I don’t know where this is going but I hope it all works out as Jamie hopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment