Friday, August 15, 2014

Saturday, August 16th....

Here are four odes to staying young and beautiful, three romantic and one realistic. I wonder which one will stick in your mind and drive you mad over the next few days.

1. Nat King Cole

Stay as sweet as you are,
Don't let a thing ever change you.
Stay as sweet as you are,
Don't let a soul rearrange you.

Don't ever lose
All the charm you possess,
Your loveliness, darling,
The way you say "yes".

2. Billy Joel

Don't go changing, to try and please me
You never let me down before
Don't imagine you're too familiar
And I don't see you anymore
I would not leave you in times of trouble
We never could have come this far
I took the good times, I'll take the bad times
I'll take you just the way you are.

3. Bruno Mars

Ohhhhh ohhhhhh ohhhhhh ohhhhhhh

Oh, her eyes, her eyes
Make the stars look like they're not shinin'
Her hair, her hair
Falls perfectly without her trying
She's so beautiful
And I tell her everyday
Yeah

I know, I know
When I compliment her she won't believe me
And it's so, it's so
Sad to think that she don't see what I see
But every time she asks me, "Do I look okay?"
I say,

When I see your face (face, face...)
There's not a thing that I would change
'Cause you're amazing (amazing)
Just the way you are (are)
And when you smile (smile, smile...)
The whole world stops and stares for a while
'Cause, girl, you're amazing (amazing)
Just the way you are (are).

4. Shel Silverstein

If you’re sloppy, that’s just fine.
If you’re moody, I won’t mind.
If you’re fat, that’s fine with me.
If you’re skinny, let it be.
If you’re bossy, that’s all all right.
If you’re nasty, I won’t fight
If you're rough,  well that’s just you.
If you're mean, that’s all right too.
Whatever you are is all okay.
I don’t like you anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment