Sunday, August 24, 2014

Monday, August 25th ....

I sat down today to watch the first episode of Dr Who.  The new doctor is Peter Capaldi, a Scottish actor we first saw in Local Hero which came out in 1983.  There's been a lot of water under the bridge since then but he still thinks that being Dr Who is the highlight of his career.  

The episode was pretty good and ended up with the Tardis parked in a mall somewhere.  'Where are we?' says the Doctor. 'I think it's Glasgow.' says his companion. 'That would be appropriate, as you're Scottish.'

And it was.  In fact, it was in the Buchanan Street Mall in Glasgow.  I was there in April last year and took a photograph of the Tardis which was just sitting there.  I'm sure they weren't making the episode then but maybe it's a permanent fixture.  Here's my photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment