Saturday, August 23, 2014

Saturday, August 23rd ....

Madeleine has come to stay for the weekend, and she and Nera are involved in cooking.  We've already enjoyed some savoury muffins but I've been promised some sweet cupcakes as well.

However, Marilyn has offered to give both girls some driving practice, so everything has been put on hold until they're bored with that.  I'm delighted that Marilyn has taken on that project because I'm not sure that I would have he patience any more.

Instead, I've been working on the family tree; it's got a bit away from me and I'm having to refresh my memory about the connections.  I'm looking at thirteen generations in just one line so there are hundreds of people and dozens of surnames to put into some sort of order.  I think I'll make some time to do some more tomorrow.

Following up on my previous comments on Nova Scotia lobsters, I was interested to read that the largest lobster ever caught off Nova Scotia was between 90cm and 1.2m long and weighed over 20kg. It was probably over 100 years old.


No comments:

Post a Comment