Sunday, January 23, 2022

Monday, January 24

 

I’ve developed a taste over the years for Moccona Flat White coffee, marketed in a sachet.  It’s probably not the cheapest way of having coffee; that’s probably the spoonful of Nescafe in a mug and I still have that when I first wake-up in the morning.  But, for morning and afternoon breaks, it’s a mug of flat white for me. 

 

The lattes and cappuccinos which fill the same market niche are not the same. I find they have a nasty chemical flavour and they are made with a powdered milk which makes them frothy.  Horrible!  And the supermarket shelves are becoming crowded with a whole plethora of newcomers: cappuccinos and lattes in salted caramel, hazelnut and vanilla flavours, so-called ‘milks’ like almond and soy, and new manufacturers trying to grab a slice of the business.

 

Perhaps, there’s no room for plain old flat white any more because I’ve been having trouble getting my supplies, for the last few months.  Then I discovered that Amazon could deliver boxes to my door and that worked for a while until their supplies dried up and ‘Temporarily Unavailable’ appeared on their website.

 

I’m faced with a quandary.  My wants are few but flat white is one of them. Jamie, the big spender, says you can buy a machine that will produce a perfect flat white but that’s not the solution I want.

 

By chance, Marilyn popped in to the tiny IGA supermarket in Somerset the other day and, on the shelf, found a supply of ten boxes of wonderful, delightful Moccona Flat White Coffee.  She bought eight of the ten boxes available, leaving two for any desperate locals who needed their fix.  That should keep me content for a few weeks while I work out my next move.  There’s a rumour that Nescafe is introducing a similar product so I’ll keep my eyes out for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment