Sunday, January 2, 2022

Monday, January 3

 

I had a notification this morning that an item I ordered from eBay will be delivered tomorrow. It’s only an SD card which I would normally have bought from Officeworks but there must have been a run on them because my local store had sold out.  I had checked the Officeworks website and they had listed the one I wanted for $25 but when I went to the shop the only one available was the super hi-speed brand for $79.  No thanks!

 

I tried JB HiFi next door and heard the same story so turned to eBay – and there was just what I wanted for $16.99 and free delivery.  Why would I not go down that track?

 

Nera showed Marilyn some plastic inserts for her face mask which keeps the fabric away from the skin so they’re not as hot.  What will they think of next?  A quick look at eBay and they’re delivered in just a few days for a very few dollars.

 

I’ve been ordering more and more on-line since Covid struck but also because it’s more convenient.  Marilyn wanted some cushion covers in plain colours.  At Spotlight they had a big bin filled with covers of all colours and sizes and we’re expected to drag them out to find what we want.  I’m too old to be bothered with that nonsense.  Ten minutes on the computer and the exact ones we want are on their way. 

 

The local supermarkets have stopped stocking my favourite Moccona Flat White Coffee sachets, or maybe they sell out faster than the others.  Amazon have them and, as long as I buy three packs at a time, they can deliver them to my door in a matter of days.

 

And I love getting a parcel; it’s like Christmas every day.  It’s also nice to say Good Morning to the delivery men in these times when we don’t have many visitors.  The only downside is that my name is now on a list of people who are happy to order on line so my email is inundated with offers I can’t refuse.  I find the same issue if I happen to be browsing the eBay site. If I click on some obscure item, I’ll be bombarded over the next few days with suggestions about other items I might like.  Still, it’s not such a problem and reading them helps to pass the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment