Friday, January 21, 2022

Saturday, January 22

 

We’re up early this morning.  Nera is working on the west coast and Jamie is with her.  We are looking after Archie and are at a bit of a loose end so have decided to drive out to Burnie to have lunch, let Archie re-acquaint himself with Jamie and have a leisurely drive home.  The forecast is for 27 degrees in Longford but only 23 in Burnie so that must be a good thing.

 

The last time we went to Burnie I was cajoled into buying a pair of Asics sports shoes for $180.  The physiotherapist and podiatrist were both recommending I get out of my cheap Kmart shoes and into something with more support.  I whinged and complained but to no avail.

 

Since then, I have worn these shoes every day – EVERY DAY!  It might only be for an hour in the morning before I change into something else to go out but, more likely, it will be all day.  They are the best, most comfortable, most supportive shoes I’ve ever had and, with the distinctive flash on the side, they have a certain cachet with the sporty set.

 

It was about 3 months ago that I bought them: 90 days.  $180 divided by 90 is $2 per day for the best shoes I’ve ever owned.  Even I can see that is a bargain.

No comments:

Post a Comment