Monday, February 7, 2022

Tuesday, February 8

 

I hadn’t made the connection when I commented last week about Mr Morrison being under pressure that a real-life, and what seems like a much more serious, political assassination is taking place in Britain. Of course, I have been reading the articles and the very vitriolic attacks even by Boris’s own side but it’s playing out like a TV drama and I haven’t grasped the reality of it yet.

 

Of course, it is a farce.  When I see the pictures of the overcrowded House of Commons with people standing about waving their hands and shouting, and the Speaker in his dignified robes intoning the age-old words, I can’t take it seriously.  And Boris, with what the UK journalists call his ‘toddler haircut’, drawing on all the dignity he can muster is having no success in convincing people that he is the man for the job.

 

Like our Prime Minister, Bojo (or is it Bozo?) was asked the age-old question whether he knew the price of a loaf of bread and he came back with the tone-deaf retort, “No, but I can tell you the price of a bottle of champagne.”  You have to get your priorities right.

 

With all that, the Mother of Parliaments is in a sorry state, and Australia’s is not much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment