Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Thursday, March 24

 

Marilyn was determined that we would start our Gym classes as soon as possible.  When starting something new, my inclination is always to take things slowly to make sure that everything has been thought of and there will be no nasty surprises.  “Putting it off!”, Marilyn calls it.  She, on the other hand prefers to strike while the iron is hot and sort out the details as we go along.  She agreed that we would take a casual membership for a couple of weeks to make sure it suited us before handing over our bank details.

 

The first class was in the basketball court and we were almost the first to turn up.  Others dribbled in (note the basketball reference!) and, eventually the numbers grew to 18.  It was all about movement; stretching and bending and moving our feet and so on.  I lack flexibility and my balance is off since having the knee operation but I was pleased that I coped and have come out of it feeling a whole lot better.  Marilyn is a bit stiff this morning but she worked harder than I did, which is our normal pattern.

 

We do it all again this morning but I’ll miss it tomorrow because of my writing class.  What a shame!

1 comment: