Thursday, March 31, 2022

Friday, April 1

We had the sad news yesterday that a friend from Canberra had passed away.  We first met her on our trip to Nepal in 2010 and have kept up the friendship with her and the other participants ever since.

The death of a contemporary is always a terrible loss and we will have to accept the reality that it might become more frequent as the years roll on.

My School for Senior classes were held again this morning.  Nancy the Poetry tutor always manages to find interesting poems for us to discuss and I really enjoy the stories produced by the Writing Group.  Although most of the writers produce their work on computers and print them out, I suspect there might be one person who still uses a typewriter, and there are at least two whose work is always hand-written.  One woman has a large notebook containing her hand-written work but the other just uses recycled paper; circular letters, pamphlets, even old electricity bills.  They look a bit scrappy but are often interesting

I like to treat my stories with respect so I set them out properly, with left- and right-hand justification, bold-printed heading and a date.  Perhaps I'm giving them more importance than they're worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment