Monday, March 28, 2022

Tuesday, March 29

 It seems the election campaign is in full swing and it saddens me that it all comes down to who can offer the most enticing bribes.  I wish the electorate was sophisticated enough to ignore the naked bribes and vote for the party that could better run the country for the benefit of everyone.  I heard on the news a 'whisper' that the government is going to offer cash handouts to pensioners and other people supposedly 'doing it tough'.  It may be as much as $250 for someone on the aged pension.  Is that what my vote is worth and does my government think that I am so venal that I'll ignore all the rorts and waste and shady behaviour for just $250?

I'll happily forego the $250 if whatever party wins the election will follow through with the promise to set up a Federal ICAC, with proper powers to deal with all the shenanigans the honourable members get up to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment