Friday, April 1, 2022

Saturday, April 2

 I was talking to my friend, Jim, from Kangaroo Valley yesterday and he told me he was reading books by Alexander McCall Smith.  Years ago, I remember a TV series called The Number One Ladies Detective Agency based on books written by this author; I knew he was very prolific and his books were always a bit quirky, but I had never read any.

Jim's reading a series about a Swedish detective called Ulf Varg so I went to the the Tas. Library website looking for copies.  There were a couple, including an electronic copy of Varg in Love. A minute or two to download and I settled back to see if they were worth pursuing.  What a swindle!  The book was only ten pages long.  It wouldn't even qualify as a novelette or a short story.

I closed my tablet, unsatisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment