Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Wednesday, April 13

The last time I saw the doctor he told me my blood sugar reading was a little high and I needed to get it down.  Easy for him to say!  I've already cut out a lot of things I enjoy: I'd reduced the amount of sugar in my coffee to one teaspoon, I stopped adding sugar to my cereal and rarely had more than one small piece of cake.

Anyway, I've done my best: I've cut out sugar entirely from my coffee now as well as my cereal, cake is a long-distant memory and I only have fresh fruit for dessert.  Marilyn found a box of Lindt Sea Shells in the pantry that someone had given us for Christmas.  I'd been very good so they were unopened and she suggested I take them along to my writing class to share them with less-disciplined individuals.  She warned me, though, that I should only have one, just to be sociable.

Sadly, when I opened the box they had all melted and flowed together into an amorphous mass .  Luckily no-one saw the mess and I quickly shoved the whole lot in the bin. 

They say that the way to get through life is to 'count your blessings'.  That's fair enough but as you get older the make-up of the list changes a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment