Thursday, April 14, 2022

Friday, April 15

 I had to make a quick trip into Launceston yesterday afternoon.  The Apple iMac that Nera lent me has developed a problem and needed a technician to look at it.  It couldn't happen at a worse time; even if they fix it immediately, the shop won't be open again until, I think, Tuesday.

The fellow who booked the thing in asked me how long I had had it.  I explained the provenance: first owned by a school in Latrobe and used by innumerable students, then bought by my daughter- in- law for a few hundred dollars, and lent to me. It seems there are lots of this model floating around, having out-lived their usefulness in various schools and it's almost cheaper to buy another one than pay the exorbitant charges that Apple thinks appropriate. 

However, my immediate problem is get through the next few days with only a decrepit old desktop to fall back on.





No comments:

Post a Comment