Monday, April 18, 2022

Tuesday, April 19

 It's our Probus meeting today; I don't find them as interesting as I once did but it's a way of getting out of the house and a reason to have to make conversation.  The woman who looks after Morning Tea will be absent so Marilyn has offered to take that job on.  Easy, really.  She only has to butter 96 halves of Easter Bun, open several packets of biscuits, switch on the urn beforehand, get out all the mugs and teaspoons and napkins and wooden stirrers from the cupboard and wash up and then put everything back where she found it afterward.

The so-called Executive always gets together on the Saturday before the meeting to sort out the program.  Marilyn and I are always invited though neither of us has an official role.  They used to meet at our place as well but the President has just moved and wanted to show off her new house.  

I despair of ever being able to take a back seat.  I think it was Gilligan from Gilligan's Island who used to say, "I'm going to run away and become a helmet," and I know how he feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment