Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Wednesday, April 27

This fellow, Scott, that I've been watching on Youtube revealed that he had worked for years with Thomas  Cook Travel and lost his job when the company folded.  He now spends his time travelling around, making these trivial videos for the amusement of armchair-bound adventurers around the world.  In the little snippet I watched this morning, he mentioned the interesting complaints his company received from time to time from their customers returning from holidays. He swears they are true but they sound a bit too much like other lists I've heard of in other contexts.

"I wasn't happy that most of the restaurants in Goa only serve curry.  I don't like spicy food."

"I had trouble in Madrid because most of the taxi-drivers were Spanish."

"The beach was too sandy.  I spent ages shaking it out of all our stuff."

I can't remember the others and it's probably just as well.

I've just received an email telling me that a parcel I've ordered will be delivered today.  There are a few orders in the pipeline but I think this one is a collection of dog toys for Archie.  I know, it's daft, but sometimes we don't always make the most sensible decision.  Archie was given a parcel for Christmas and one of the items was a little red and white squeaky toy.  He took a shine to it and it has now been chewed to death.  We couldn't find anything similar in the local shops so turned to eBay.  He's not here today so Marilyn will hide the parcel away until he comes next and we'll all enjoy watching him open it.

Yes, we're as stupid as he is. 


No comments:

Post a Comment