Sunday, December 17, 2023

Monday, December 18

I thought I would try to get the blog back on track: it's difficult to keep it up when we have a visitor and Marilyn's sister, Anne, has been here for about three weeks. However, she is going home tomorrow and I'll have time again in the morning to focus on dribbling down my thoughts.

I was delighted on Saturday when a parcel arrived that I had been waiting for,  Extended delivery times is a great initiative.  The parcel was from Temu, my new best friend.  I have to confess I've gone a bit overboard since I discovered this wonderful site: the range of stuff they have is extraordinary and the prices a joke.  This time I had ordered a new cushion for my desk char: 40cm square, 8cm thick, covered in an off-white fabric, $20.90, free postage.  The alternative was to drive  in to Spotlight, pay for parking, fight with the Christmas crowds, and pay too much.

However, when I opened the parcel, it was not what I expected.  There was a hammock, some kids' clothes, gardening stuff, hand towels, and so on.  I checked the label on the outside and it was certainly mine so there had obviously been some mistake by one off the minions in the huge warehouse in rural China.  And, somewhere, some family was excitedly unwrapping an off-white cushion and scratching their heads.

I checked the Temu website, found the form to report a 'Wrong Parcel' and one to claim back my money.  Within 10 minutes, I had my credit and, apparently, I can keep the treasures I received by mistake.  Jamie and Nera called in, raked through the stuff and were delighted to take some off our hands.  The rest will end up in the charity bin over the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment