Sunday, December 31, 2023

Monday, January 1

At the end of each month, I type out a list of activities we will be involved in during the next 30 days.  It's then stuck on the fridge as a quick guide to what we should be doing: meetings, doctors appointments, visitors, and so on.  We're usually quite busy so the list is often quite long.  The January list was pentad yesterday but, with the best will in the world, I can't make it any longer than five lines. There are no meetings, no appointments, no-one coming to visit.  The only significant thing is our wedding anniversary and I stretched that over two lines.  I suppose it's a good thing to have a quiet month, but I hope it's not the beginning of a trend.

I was watching a Youtube video this morning where one of my regulars was visiting Alicante in Spain. He was surprised to find that there are, I think, 23 Moreton Bay Figs in Alicante.  Scott lived in Sydney for many years so is familiar with the trees.  They're old so must have been planted many years ago and their exotic appearance looks out of place.  The town makes a feature of them and kids, of course, love to play among the huge buttress roots.  There was no mention of his they got there but Scott, the presenter, made a cryptic remark that they might have come via Argentina.  Why, I don't know.


No comments:

Post a Comment