Saturday, December 23, 2023

Sunday, December 24

Marilyn and I have just finished watching an outstanding show called The Long Shadow.  It's a UK production and is about the search for the fellow they dubbed The Yorkshire Ripper.  This fellow killed 13 women over a 5-year period and the enormous police investigation into the case took four years to find the culprit.  There were seven episodes in the program and we watched it over two nights.  Riveting!

I did my usual watering this morning and realised there was another outstanding job which was demanding attention: cleaning the bird bath!  I love my bird bath and make sure there is always fresh water in it but I hadn't realised how much work there would be in keeping it clean.  Are birds so dirty that they leave a residue behind?  I need a scrubbing brush and hot water to do the job properly.

As I rinsed off the last bit of grime this morning, I heard a noise, and looked up to see a Virgin A320 coming in for its landing at Launceston Airport.  And the penny dropped.  What I am cleaning off my birdbath is the burnt residue from the fuel of the regular planes which use the flight path directly over our heads.  It's no wonder the birds have to use the bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment