Friday, December 22, 2023

Saturday, December 23

It's been a bit of a wasted day today. We're in that waiting period when Christmas is still a couple of days away but everything has been done to prepare for it.  I wandered out to check the mailbox, even though it's Saturday, wondering whether Australia Post might surprise us with a late delivery, but no luck.  I received a parcel last Saturday and hoped lightning might strike twice, but no luck.

Marilyn had ordered some Christmas groceries from our local supermarket, and we spent half an hour or so picking those up.  I eyed off the prawns and mince pies but they've been stashed away safely out of my reach.  

I've read a few pages of my book and downloaded a couple of old Christmas Specials from The Two Ronnies and Dr Who, but Marilyn's not a great fan of watching TV when it's daylight so they'll have to wait for another time.

Luckily, the weather is great so we take the chance to sit outside.  When it's warm, it's better to sit out the back in the morning and the front in the afternoon, so we have a table and chairs in both spots. Marilyn is collecting chips and other goodies as I'm typing this so I think a move to the front seats is imminent.

No comments:

Post a Comment