Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Wednesday, December 27

 It's not the end of the month yet but at least I can celebrate the end of the Christmas season.  It's great fin, of course, but it's tiring: having to be a bit more careful of the clothes you put on in the morning, having to be cheerful in case people turn up unexpectedly, wondering whether it's still required to put out a Christmas gift for the garbage man or the postie.  I realised on Christmas morning that a couple of my prescriptions had expired.  The surgery was closed, of course, so I made a mental note to ring them this morning to have the renewals sent through to the pharmacy.  My phone wouldn't work.  Of course, I re-charge to annually and it expires on Boxing Day.  Every year I forget.

I have an app on the phone so it's no problem to renew it but the cost has gone up a bit.  I think I remember getting a cheap deal last year.  Still, it's cheaper than a monthly plan with Telstra.

Jamie and Nera came and had lunch with us yesterday and that was a good way to wrap up the Christmas season.  The next celebration is our anniversary on January 8th.  We hadn't planned to 'do' anything but the friends we had lunch with on Christmas Day announced that they would be celebrating their 50th on January 6th, so we've arranged to have a meal with them on that day at Stillwater, one of the posh restaurants in Launceston.  It will be our 58th anniversary so we have a couple of extra years on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment