Thursday, February 23, 2017

Friday, February 24

The other day, there was a letter in the mailbox telling me I was booked in for an echo-cardio gram at the Launceston General Hospital on Thursday. This was a surprise because I had no idea who had requested it. Marilyn rang the hospital who confirmed the appointment but had no other information. It has been 6 months since my stroke and I've had no suggestion that there should be some follow-up, so what's going on?

Maybe I've been chosen at random or have I won the procedure in some raffle? If I'm going to win something I would like it to be a new iPhone or a world cruise, but, of course, you never look a gift horse in the mouth so I turned up at the designated time.

Yes, it was a follow-up, requested by the cardiologist I had met all those months ago. Clearly he didn't wipe his hands of me when I was discharged. I'll get the results in due course but it certainly reinforces my confidence in our public health system.

No comments:

Post a Comment