Monday, February 13, 2017

Tuesday, February 14

After I had seen a couple of recent TV appearances which had cast Jacqui Lambie in a more positive light, I had come to think that she was just a loveable eccentric who was no worse than some of the other time-wasters in the Senate. But her performance on Q & A last night soon put me right. There, again, was the blustering, small-minded, ignorant bigot who gives Tasmanians a bad name. The scales have fallen from my eyes; leopards don't change their spots.

We're watching a Canadian TV series at the moment called Orphan Black which features an actress named Tatiana Masleny. She plays the parts of several clones and her performance is extraordinary. Each clone looks the same but there are subtle differences in the way they walk and talk, and in their general demeanour. It's spooky how this actress can inhabit several different characters so well. I found myself imagining myself being friends with one of the characters but not the others.

I wasn't surprised to find that Tatiana Masleny won an Emmy award for her performance, but I've never heard of her. Maybe it's because she's Canadian and their TV shows rarely appear on the Australian radar.

Breaking news: The Age, commenting on the stoush last night on Q&A, says that Jacqui 'gives two-bob watches a bad name'. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment