Saturday, February 25, 2017

Sunday, February 26

We all love a little bit of schadenfreude, especially when a pundit the likes of Shane Warne is exposed for the know-nothing that he is. At the beginning of the Cricket test in India, Shane wrote off spinner Steve O'Keefe as not up to the job. Three days later, O'Keefe finishes the test with 12 for 70, easily beating Warne's best figures.

Once upon a time, I would have been enthralled by the test, even sitting up late at night to watch bits of it on TV, but now it takes something like Shane Warne's embarrassment to tweak my attention. I like to blame the change in the way cricket is played for my growing lack of interest, but maybe I'm no longer able to drag up the energy to get involved. Getting old is a bugger.

No comments:

Post a Comment