Thursday, February 2, 2017

Friday, February 3

Every morning. I get a message in my Inbox from a website called Quora Digest. I'm always suspicious of unsolicited messages, especially when they adopt a pseudo-intellectual name like Quora, which I assume is supposed to be the plural form of quorum. Most intelligent people now accept 'quorums' as the preferred usage.

However, Quora claims to be the website where you can share where you live, work and study, and where you can confront great questions and answers. You can see their target audience: lonely individuals with under-developed social skills and a need to make contact with like-minded people.

The questions and answers, which appear every day are interesting. This morning, the selection included: how do snipers calculate the range of a target over a mile away? Who is the most foolish person who ever lived? What does it feel like to own an American Express Black Card? And, Did Dumbeledore's soul split when he (accidentally) killed Ariana? The answer to the last question is Yes, but you will need to connect to the website to get all the fascinating details.

I must confess that I rarely open the regular Quora messages but now that I have seen the quality of the discussion, I might become a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment