Friday, June 9, 2023

Saturday, June 10

For years - ever since I retired, in fact - I have aimed to be out of bed by 7 o'clock ready to start the day.  It suited me and I thought it suited Marilyn as well.  I would make her a cup of coffee which kept her in bed for another hour which gave me time to catch up on some YouTube videos about travels to exotic locations, hopefully by train. 

Recently, since I joined the gym, I have used that early morning time to carry out my exercise routine before the hordes arrive and take over all the machines.

It's all come crashing down!  Last night, Marilyn told me she was tired of my getting up so early.  'It's too long a day,' she said.  She's right: it is getting harder to get up now that winter has set in.  We don't leave the heating on overnight so the house is chilly and there's often frost on the ground when I drive out.  So, this morning, I tried the new routine.  I still woke at 7 but I turned over and closed my eyes again,staggering out around 8.  I made the usual coffee, watched Scott take a train to Corrour, and got to the gym just before 9.  It wasn't busy and I had no trouble with my routine but breakfast when I returned was particularly welcome.

We'll have to see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment