Saturday, June 10, 2023

Sunday, June 11

 It seems that Basketball season is here.  Going to the gym a little later means I stumble across other users and the big thing at the moment is Kids' Basketball.  The first game seems to start around 8.30 which is just before I arrive so I find the carpark has many more cars, there is more noise and there are a lot more little kids wandering around.

There's a certain nostalgia for me, of course, because we spent years taking Jamie to his matches.  There used to be the occasional conflict when one of us would take him while the other looked after another obligation.  I remember one time when a friend, who was a winemaker, rang to say he needed our help in picking some grapes before the rains came.  We were always happy to help but this conflicted with a basketball match.  The game was at 11 o'clock so we arrived at the vineyard at 8.30 to make a start and planned to get away in time for the game.  Marilyn and I started picking and Jamie was allocated to help with the bottling which was all done by hand - with the inevitable spills.

Jamie arrived at his game, reeking of wine.  I don't remember the score but his team-mates reminded him of that ay for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment