Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Thursday, June 22

 It was another cold night and I had to put the heating on as soon as I woke up.  I went off to the gym as usual but, when I finished my routine, I had to drive over to Hadspen to pick up Archie.  Jamie had a mate coming around to replace the railing on their front verandah and he was worried about having a little dog running around when there was work going on.  They don't have a front fence so it would be too easy for something to go wrong.

We had a couple of orders delivered: one from Amazon and one from Coles.  We're buying more and more  on-line to save ourselves the bother of trudging around the supermarket pushing a trolley.  I agree with the concept but my heart always sinks when the Coles man arrives with three or four paper bags and I know my bank has been stung for $150 or more.  I can remember the days when my weekly pocket money was sixpence.

I don't suppose the modern generation even knows what sixpence is.

My writing and poetry groups start back up tomorrow after a break.  I know we call ourselves a 'school' but why do we need holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment