Saturday, June 24, 2023

Sunday, June 25

 When I had my little trip to hospital the other week, I must have complained about my loss of dexterity and how difficult I'm finding it is to write: not a happy situation for an aspirational writer.  So somebody made an appointment for me to see an Occupational Therapist.

She was a very nice young lady and asked me what I had most difficulty with.  'How do you go with buttons?' she asked.  I said that it was a real struggle and, in fact, the shirt I was wearing was the most difficult.

'If only they made shirts without buttons,' she mused.  It was like a light went on in my head.  They do make shirts without buttons and they call them polo shirts; my wardrobe is full of them. However, old-fashioned as I am, I would never think of wearing a polo shirt to something as formal as a Probus meeting, a doctor's appointment, or a visit to the hospital.  Stupid, I know.

So, the big clear-out begins.  There's a charity bin just outside a house opposite us so, over the next few days, I'll gather up all my cherished formal shirts and donate them to a worthier cause.  Extra benefits include that there will be more room in the wardrobes and I'll be able to indulge myself in some more polos.

Jamie and Nera dropped in yesterday singing the praises of a new on-line store called Temu.  If I downloaded the app and bought something, I'm told, Jamie would get a certain number of points towards a freebie ... so I bought 2 polo shirts!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment