Sunday, October 22, 2023

Monday, October 23

 When I'm doing my exercises, I distract myself by listening to stuff on my phone.  I'm not very keen on music but audiobooks, podcasts and so on are fine.  When she was tidying up the other day, Marilyn came across my old iPod and suggested it might be better than using my phone.  I hadn't seen it for years and wondered whether it might still work, and it did.  I charged it up and scrolled through the menus to see what was on it.  The music was a bit dodgy but there were some pieces of old, classic British comedy: Dad's Army, Monty Python, even Tony Hancock, and a couple of audiobooks.

I decided that I should update the date and time and found that it was still set on Jan 19, 2000.  Yes, I last used it 23 years ago when we first arrived back in Tasmania.  However, its seems I have expected too much.  Telling it that it is now 2023 and it is expected to continue working as if nothing has changed has made it curl up ts toes and refuse to work.  Shame, really!

No comments:

Post a Comment