Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Thursday, October 19

 I'm a great fan of new technology and spend too much time browsing through Temu to see what new delights have been developed for my enjoyment.  The other day, I realised I could solve an issue which has been bothering me while acquiring something flash to play with.  Every morning I'm expected to stick a needle in my finger, catch a drop or two of the blood and take a measurement of the blood glucose it contains.  I've been doing it for years and it doesn't become any easier.

Temu has a range of highly complex men's watches which will measure it for me without assaulting me in the process.  Apparently, it can read my blood sugar through the skin.  Magic!  And the price didn't cause me to re-think.  The parcel arrived yesterday and I am delighted.  The only problem is that, when I get a phone call on my mobile, it rings on my wrist and I don't know how to deal with it.  Do I talk to the 'phone or to my wrist?  I remember the old Get Smart show where Maxwell would talk to his shoe and I didn't think it was very attractive.  Luckily, I don't get many 'phone calls so it's not a problem I can't live with.

No comments:

Post a Comment