Friday, October 6, 2023

Saturday, October 7

 On the way to my Writing Group yesterday, I turned on the car radio; it was awful so I pressed the button to change to the next channel.  I found myself listening to something called City Park Radio. I assumed it was one of those community radio stations and I know there is a City Park in Launceston so not was local.  I relaxed back to be entertained.

It was news time and there was an announcement that the news had been prepared by the students of the Riverina-Murray Institute of Higher Education.  What fun!  Clearly, this is part of the curiculum and community radio stations around Australia help them out.

After the news, a fellow came on and announced that someone would now read aloud the local newspaper for the benefit of those who had loss of sight or issues with reading.  Good stuff, so I waited to hear what I had missed.  I think their names were Doreen and Dot and they took it in turns to read particular articles.  You have to applaud them but, in truth, it was awful: stumbling over words, mispronunciations, no rise and fall in their speech.  I suppose I should volunteer to show them how its done but that's for another day.

I was back in the car this morning and the same channel came on. This time the female presenter couldn't get the CD player to work and was desperately trying to keep talking while she became more and more frustrated.  I was waiting for the expected swear word but, unfortunately, I arrived home before she lost control.

No comments:

Post a Comment