Friday, October 20, 2023

Saturday, October 21

It's a bleak day here in Longford: grey skies and the threat of rain.  Marilyn has just been outside knocking down some cobwebs from the windows and I'm turning to the daily chore of adding to the blog. When I switched on the computer, it opened to an exercise we did at yesterday's Writing group.  I've taken to using the laptop there because my handwriting is so appalling I can't read it.

We were asked to open a book, take note of the first word which caught our eye and write about it.  My word was 'scratched' and this is how my paragraph started:

Scratched?  How could it be scratched?  This was the first horse I had ever drawn in a sweep which might have had a chance of winning and now the ‘connections’ have decided to scratch it.  It oughta be illegal!


Hmmm!  Not exactly great literature but, if I gave it a bit more thought, it might have some potential.  


It's disappointing about today's weather. Yesterday, the sun shone and the air was warm.  When I came back from my classes, Marilyn and I sat outside at the little table near the front door.  The next door neighbour, Jen, drove in, gave us a wave and, a few minutes later, walked over with a parcel which had been delivered to her by mistake.  It was from Temu.  Great excitement!  This time it was for Marilyn but I think I hid my disappointment quite well.  I'm keeping track and I think there are still three orders on the way.  We much be mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment