Sunday, October 29, 2023

Monday, October 30

Marilyn found my old camera the other day.  It was a surprise because we thought we had given it to Nera's nephew when he visited.  Clearly not.  I was interested to see whether there were any pictures still on the card and there were.  The ten photos showed a man standing in water holding up a black crayfish and I had no idea what that was all about.

The date noted was September 17, 2015 so I checked back on the blog to see what we were doing at that time.  It seemed that it was a slack time for me and the best I could come up with was that we had planned a cruise for that time, leaving Perth and travelling to New Zealand.  Later we would fly to the Philippines.

Most of that didn't eventuate. but I did have a hazy memory of visiting a fish market in the Philippines and buying their equivalent of Balmain Bugs.  Maybe it was something to do with that.  Marilyn, of course, knew what it was about immediately.  The black crayfish were freshwater creatures which live only in a couple of streams in Northern Tasmania.  They are quite rare and protected.  Our Probus Club visited a sanctuary near Burnie where they can be viewed.  Nothing to do with our exotic travels at all.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment