Thursday, October 17, 2024

Friday, October 18

You'd think they would want to make it as easy as possible for the bill to be paid.  I'm talking about Aurora Energy, who provide the electricity we use.  You'd think the email they sent me this morning would tell me how much I owe and give me a link to click where I could input my credit card details and forget about it.  But, Oh no!  The email tells me to go to the app, log in and follow the instructions.

And, of course, when I go to the app, it tells me my password is incorrect and there is a whole new rigmarole to go through to sort that out.  All I want to do is fill in a few numbers and forget about it for another month.  I'm too old for all this rubbish.

It doesn't help knowing that there are probably thousands of other Tasmanian citizens this morning tearing their hair out trying to meet their obligations to their electricity supplier.  And if anyone of us threw our hands up and moaned,  "It's just too hard!", there would be no sympathy shown.  

One of my favourite words is AORTA, as in the sentence ' AORTA do it a better way'.  I don't know when I first heard it but is has a definite Monty Python ring about it.  And I'll say it again, AORTA fix it!

No comments:

Post a Comment