Friday, October 4, 2024

Saturday, October 5

We've been watching a show on ABC TV called Return to Paradise.  It's supposedly linked to the show Death in Paradise but the only reference I can see to the original show is an occasional appearance of an Irish actor who once was the policeman on D in P.

It's not a bad show but we watch it because it's shot in the suburbs north of Wollongong. I think they use Stanwell Park Beach and other villages around there, and Thirroul pops up from time to time.  Watching the show, I often think of a walk I did with a Fellowship group  in that area.  I suspect it was about 1959 or '60.  We took the train to Austinmer Station and headed up the escarpment to Stanwell Tops.  It was very steep in parts and somebody had installed steel ladders, attached to the cliff.  Very hairy!

When we got to the top, we had lunch but I can't quire remember how we got home.  Maybe we walked down the highway to Stanwell Park and took the train.  A good memory, if a bit unclear.

No comments:

Post a Comment