Thursday, October 13, 2022

Friday, October 14

My phone and Marilyn's buzzed at the same time last night and it was a message from sone group called Tas Alerts  telling us to prepare to evacuate.  What?  This only happens to people on Lismore and Warragamba; we live in a civilised part of the world and we're not set up for this sort of crisis.  Jamie rang to say that he had received one too.  

The message suggested we look at their website for 'further advice' and I put in our address.  A map popped up showing the areas in danger. Happily, our street was not one of those.

I knows that Longford has had severe floods in the past; the local cafe has photographs on the wall of previous inundations but at some stage the town was ringed by levee banks; there's one just a couple of streets away.  Unless something cataclysmic happens, the town should be safe.

This morning, the warnings are still being issued but I've re-checked the maps and I'll still go to my writing class.  

No comments:

Post a Comment