Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Wednesday, October 12

I mentioned to the doctor that I had a sore on my head which wasn't clearing up so she immediately thought 'skin cancer'.  Not wishing to alarm me, she said, 'It's probably nothing but I'll take a sample and have it checked."  Yesterday was the day so I fronted up and the doctor and nurse assured me it was  no big deal and whipped out the scalpel. 

They must have hit a blood vessel as, all of a sudden, I could feel blood running down between my eyes.  "Swabs!" said the doctor and I found myself swathed in blood-soaked bandages.

"It's not a good idea to have a cancer next to a blood vessel," said the rattled doctor. "Oops! I should have said 'suspected cancer'.  

The cheerful nurse tried to lighten the moment by saying, "With the red of the blood and the white of your hair, you could be a Swans supporter," but I wasn't amused.

After all the excitement had died down, the irrepressible nurse commented, "It looks like a murder's been committed in here."  That really cheered me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment