Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Thursday, October 20

I drove out of the garage this morning, on my way to the gym, and was surprised to see that the concrete in front of us was covered in bird droppings.  I glanced up at the roof and it was the same.  This could only have happened in the last couple of days because there's been so much rain prior to that the surface would have been scoured clean.  It looked like there had been some sort of Bird Convention but we hadn't heard a thing.

I've noticed seagulls in the area from time to time even though we live a long way from the sea, and they're notorious for making a mess, so they're likely candidates.  

I started reading a Val McDermid book yesterday called The Distant Echo.  It's quite interesting: about a murder in St Andrews in Scotland.  By chance, last night we watched the first episode of a new show on Britbox called Karen Pirie, and it's the same story!  What a coincidence.  Now I don't know whether to stop reading the book in case it spoils the show, or give up the show until I've finished reading the book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment