Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Wednesday, October 26

 Marilyn had a call yesterday asking her to work in the afternoon.  It was the Election Commission, who were about to start counting  the votes in the recent Council elections.  I didn't want her driving home after dark so said I would drop her off.  The building was in an industrial area of Launceston and, of course, there was no parking nearby.  There were hordes of people coming from all directions and Marilyn said there were at least 150 people in the room where she was working and there were two other rooms operating as well.

She finished at 8 o'clock but was back on the task at 8.30 this morning.  She tells me she loves the interaction and conversation with other people (and the wage sare handy too).

There was an email waiting for me when I got home, with the roster for our work at the Higher School examination starting in a couple of weeks so we have a busy time coming up in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment