Thursday, April 6, 2023

Friday, April 7

Good Friday and we decided to have a day to ourselves.  None of our friends had suggested meeting up and we didn't initiate any contact either.  Jamie and Nera were happy to enjoy being home without visitors so we only dropped in for a few minutes  to say hello.  Nera has already started her new job and it has been a bit overwhelming for her.  We'll probably get together with them on Sunday for a meal.

I had to pop in to the local supermarket for a couple of things this morning and it was a mad house.  Once upon a time, shops didn't open on public holidays but now they are the busiest days. I suppose the staff are all getting penalty rates and the shop owners will be happy to see crowds of customers to make it worthwhile.    While I was out I stopped at the bottle shop to get some supplies.  No problem but when I got home, I noticed an article in the online newspapers that Tasmania is almost the only state where bottle shops are open on Good Friday.  It's not often that Tassie leads the nation but here's one situation where we can hold our heads high.

No comments:

Post a Comment