Saturday, April 29, 2023

Saturday, April 29

I thought I was being more diligent with these posts and I'm surprised that I've missed three days.  I suppose it reflects the reality that life has settled into something of a routine and there's nothing worse than   a diary which says the same things day after day.  The original intention of this blog was to record details of our travels but, now that our lives are less busy it's not as interesting.

Today's highlight was a visit from Jamie and Nera (and Archie) to drop off some cronuts which Nera had acquired somewhere.  I'd heard of cronuts but I don't think I'd ever eaten one.  They're supposedly a cross between a croissant and a doughnut and they're delicious.  One of ours was flavoured with lemon curd, the other with strawberries.  Not great for my diabetes!

I remember we first came across these things in the Philippines, probably ten years ago. when Kit's grandson, Rex, was clamouring for her to buy him some.  There was a shop in one of the malls where they sold them.  They came with a tub of chocolate sauce which you wore on a belt around your waist.  Unbelievable!  Dip the cronut in the sauce, shove it in the mouth and live with the consequences of the chocolate sauce which spatters everywhere: on the ground, on your clothes, on your face ...

No thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment