Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Wednesday, April 12

I'm off to the local Mens Probus Club this morning and I thought I should dress for the occasion.  I've chosen the Tasmanian Country Squire look which is guaranteed to impress the locals.  I have a blue and white checked shirt, beige moleskin trousers held up by a pair of denim-coloured braces and mid-tan boots.  To complete the ensemble I will wear my brown leather jacket.  When they see me walking up to the front door in my aviator glasses I think they'll be impressed.

In reality, I'm a bit anxious about the whole idea. I'm not a fan of blokey men-only clubs but Marilyn thinks that it might lead to more locally-based social occasions for both of us so I have to bite the bullet.  Of course, one part of me is looking forward to meeting some more people and hearing a guest speaker so it's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment