Sunday, April 23, 2023

Monday, 24 April

We have a couple  of rogue plants at the front of our unit.  I think they are flax plants and they are getting too big.  I suspect the developer put them in because they grow quickly and give a positive appearance for prospective buyers but they're now enormous and are putting out suckers everywhere.  Jamie says his gardener loves killing plants so he'll send him down to us and he can  do his thing and take away the rubbish.  

I'm now thinking what we should put in their place.  I have always wanted a birdbath so that takes care of the left hand side but the other side is more difficult.  I can't help thinking of a TV show from the eighties called Kingswood Country.  We still quote from it, 'Leave the money on the fridge', and so on.  Ted Bullpit,  the main character, often referred to Neville, the 'concrete aboriginal', in his front yard.  It was named for Neville Bonner, the first Aboriginal Senator.  But, not appropriate today.

The death of Barry Humphries is making we think of the funny men that Australia has produced over the years and I've realised I don't like modern humour at all.  I blame it on the yanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment